The ousted ruling Alliance for Patriotic Re-orientation and Construction (APRC) at the weekend held its Congress at Bwiam village in West Coast Region.
In a surprise move, party delegates issued resolutions electing and adopting its exiled leader Yahya Jammeh as the Supreme leader until 2018. The Congress also nominated Mr. Jammeh as its flagbearer of the APRC in future presidential elections.
Read below the APRC resolutions:
We the delegates of the APRC 2018 congress in Bwiam are making a recommendation for the congress to adopt the following as resolutions:
1. The congress elect and adopt the ex-president Professor Dr Yahya AJJ Jammeh as the supreme Party leader of the APRC until 2026.
2. Adopt Yahya AJJ Jammeh as the flag bearer in the forthcoming presidential elections, either 2019 and 2024, or 2021 and 2026.
3. Make recommendations that the executive take up the initiative to engage the government and minister of justice to lift the injunction on the frozen APRC accounts and vehicles and further make challenges through the high court should this be unsuccessful.
4. We support and recommend for the executive to engage ECOWAS, AU, UN and the Gambian government for the return of the ex-president back home.
5. Engage ECOWAS, AU,UN and the Gambian government to prevent the further sell-off of the ex-presidents properties and bring a legal challenge to stop this selling and recover what has been sold illegally.
6. We recommend the Party executive engage the government, minister of justice and defence minister to remove the soldiers from the family residence which is now being used as a military barracks.
7. We also recommend that all executive powers of appointing members to the National Executive Committee to be vested on Yahya Jammeh, other than where this has been given to Fabakary Tombong Jatta.