Members of Kombo Sillah Association (KSA) UK have recently elected a new board of trustees in Bristol, England, at a Special General Meeting. The Charity, registered in England and Wales, had been in transition since August 15th 2015 following deadlock over change of leadership through elections.
The new board members are:
1. Chairman – Lamin Touray (alias, Boynding). LLB(Hons), LLM, GradICSA. The Portsmouth resident graduated from the university of Portsmouth with a masters in Corporate Governance and Commercial Law in 2011. He worked at Lloyds Banking Group first, as a Credit Card Consultant and then as Accounts Manager until December last year. The man with interest in the legal profession has recently completed internship with the London Registrars as a Trainee Company Secretary, He is currently studying for Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance.
2. Funding Manager – Mrs Kaddy Jabang, BA (Hons), MBA. Kaddy is a former executive of the association and is among a handful of members who founded the KSA 16 years ago. She lives and works in Leeds as a Front End Team Manager for the UK’s biggest retailer, Tesco.
3. Finance Director – Bakary Touray. He is a Customer Consultant/Classroom Coach at Lloyds Banking Group. Bakary has a CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting, University of Wales and lives in Newport. He is a volunteer orientation leader of the Marlborough Brandt Group and a former executive member of KSA.
4. Assistant Finance Director – Ismaila B. Touray. A former Red Cross volunteer, Ismaila works for North Bristol NHS Trust as part of the Finance Team. He lives in Chipping Sodbury, Bristol.
5. Nominated Member – Mrs Awa Cham- Manjang. Awa lives in Bristol and worked as director of Paradise Express Service Limited (a money transfer agency) from August 2010 to August 2012 and is currently serving as secretary to the same organisation. She also works in the care and support industry.
6. Nominated member – Ousman Barrow. Mr Barrow holds a BA in Business and Law from the University of South Wales in Newport. He lives in Bristol and was a former executive member of KSA.
7. Secretary General – Lamin Touray (alias Lang 2). Lives in Birmingham. The former Gambia College graduate worked as a Project Manager for Trust Agency for Rural Development (a Gambian NGO), from June 2004 to December 2005. He is a former Secretary General of the Gunjur Sport Committee and a former executive of KSA. Mr Touray is currently on a short study programme on Engineering, Lean Manufacturing and Customer Service at Birmingham Metropolitan College.
At a Special General Meeting, the secretary informed members that KSA boast of 155 registered members since registrations re-opened in October last year.
Finance Director Bakary Touray, told delegates that the charity has a bank balance of £8,615 held in three bank accounts in the six months period to February 19th , 2016.
Membership is open to all without discrimination. Anyone interested in becoming a member can visit www.ksa-uk.org, send email to email@example.com or call (+44) 7402419024.